Saturday 12 May 2012

Blog on, bloggers!..

I leave for the States tomorrow. By some tremendous feat of poor planning on my part I find that I'm also working today! Ho hum.. I thought this sleepy Saturday might be a good time to have a look at some other CPD23 bloggers' posts as part of Thing 2

I feel I am learning a lot from this - there are some excellent tips out there, for instance Veggie Haggis's blog links to a set of Blogging Mistakes to Avoid at all Costs (unfortunately I fear I may have made at least half of these already..). It has also been reassuring to see that many CPD23 participants are new to blogging and express similar concerns to me about being able to find the time to keep up the blogging over the coming weeks.


Thanks for the comments so far. To respond to your questions, I work at Kingston University in the UK. I would, of course, emphasise that the thoughts and opinions expressed in this blog are my own and are not always necessarily aligned with the University's perspective on things. Disclaimer over, I feel it's great that the University offers this opportunity to travel abroad, to find out about other organisations and to experience what I perceive to be a whole different working culture.

Blogging has also galvanised me to start looking at other blogs relating to my interests (workwise and otherwise) and to comment on these. Tina Corr, our resident bee-keeper here at the University, writes an excellent Blog on the progress of the honey bees which she keeps here on campus. I enjoy getting involved with projects like this as part of the University's Eco-Champions scheme and have been known to don a bee-keeping suit from time to time so that I can help with Tina's hive checks:
  
Colleagues checking the bee hives on the Kingston Hill Campus

I really hope that I and others on the CPD23 Things scheme will be able to keep up our blogs throughout the programme. Do continue to write comments and ask any questions and I'll try my best to respond and provide updates as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment